Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Name is Eris Throttle and I LOVE ROLLER DERBY

Hey Yall!

Well, it only feels appropriate to post my initial entry on out blog right after the first practice that I have been able to attend in a month! Unfortunately I've been off my skates for a while due to a head injury, skating with staples in ones scalp just dosent seem like a good idea.(This of course is a fun story, although not totally derby related...So you will have to follow my personal blog to read about it)

Practice was pretty easy, most of the drills we did last night focused on the different types of stops. I felt a bit wonky at first but I'm hoping that by the end of the week I will be back in the grove. We closed practice with a game of last (WO)man standing (this game entails each of the players skating around the track, using various hitting techniques to knock the other players down...last player left standing wins) and one of the players hurt her ankle, which is a total bummer. It just seems like now someone at every practice is going home with an injury.

I just really think that it would important for everyone on the team to take a first aid class. Maybe there is somewhere in Greensboro where they offer them for free?

SKATER OR DIE,

Eris Throttle

No comments:

Post a Comment